Seville Farms is looking for a Staff Accountant to be based in Fort Worth. This position reports to the Corporate Controller and will be responsible for the preparation of reconciliations, general ledger entries, and various schedules to support the monthly financial close process and preparation of the monthly financial statements.
Principal responsibilities are:
- Create and maintain reconciliations for assigned balance sheet accounts on a timely basis
- Preparation of monthly schedules and associated journal entries for areas such as prepaid expenses, travel, and expense reports, leases, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Perform account analysis and research problems as required
- Assist in annual financial audits by preparing required schedules for outside auditors
- Preparing daily and weekly operational reports for management review and decision making
- Maintain excellent working relations with all members of the Finance/Accounting team as well as others outside the department
Desired Qualifications: The candidate must have at least a four-year college degree in accounting and 1 to 3 years of experience working as an accountant. The candidate should have extensive knowledge of Excel and be comfortable with formulas and functions such as VLOOKUPS and pivot tables. The ideal candidate will have analytical and problem-solving expertise as well as attention to detail. The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to quickly summarize data findings and effectively communicate the results. This position requires someone who is self-directed and has initiative.
Working Conditions: Will work in an office environment. Limited travel to company subsidiaries might be necessary to support inventory counts, audits, and special projects.
Seville Farms offers competitive salary and benefits including paid time off, medical and dental insurance, and the opportunity to participate in the company’s 401k plan.
When we founded Seville Farms in 1994 in a small shop near Mansfield, Texas, our mission was to provide high quality annuals, perennials, and ground covers to garden centers across Texas. This is still our mission today. And with facilities now across the region and production space that numbers in the millions of square feet, Seville Farms can deliver almost any product you want anywhere you want.
Growing plants grows our business—and yours..