Create a public Facebook event on your computer:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu or click https://www.facebook.com/events/.
- Click + Create Event on the left side.
- Click Public Event, then click Next. Anyone will be able to see your event and search for it, even if you aren’t friends. Once you’ve created a public event, you won’t be able to change it to private later.
- Fill in the event name, location, date, time and description.
- Type and select keywords about your public event so it can be better recommended to people who are interested in that topic (example: Organization Name Fall Fundraiser).
- Choose who can edit and post in your event and then click Create. You’ll be taken to your event where you can invite guests, add a cover photo or video, share posts and edit event details.
To edit an existing event on your computer:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu.
- Select an event you would like to edit.
- Click Edit to the right.
- Change the event name, location, time, description or co-hosts.
- Click Update.
Note: Public event creators can change the date and time after creation, but may not be able to if the event is within a couple of days.
Read additional help to create events here.
To Share Your Event on Your Facebook:
- From your News Feed, click Events in the left menu and select the event you’d like to share.
- Click to the right.
- Select Share as Post or Send in Messenger.
You can also copy and paste the event URL into a post or message. Be sure to tag Seville Farms at https://www.facebook.com/SevilleFarmsPlants.